- Posture: Proper posture for sitting, lifting and sleeping can dramatically affect back pain.
- Stretches and Exercises: Your chiropractor can recommend stretches and exercises to increase the flexibility and strength of your back, thereby increasing stability and relieving pain.
- Orthotics and Insoles: If your feet play a role in your back pain, your chiropractor can help! Custom foot orthotics help individuals with arch imbalances in their feet, and insoles reduce the impact on your spine when you walk.
- Backpacks and Bags: Ergonomically designed bags, worn properly, can reduce back strain by evenly distributing loads. Avoid carrying more than 15% of your body weight on your back.
- Maintenance Visits: Once your chiropractor has relieved your pain and helped your body recover, it’s important to come back for regular maintenance visits. Chiropractic maintenance treats all those little “traumas”, minor injuries and daily wear-and-tear—before they add up into the “straw that broke the camel’s back.”
If you don’t already have your next maintenance appointment booked, call Sheppard Chiropractic and Laser Healing today, at (506) 635-8182 or (506) 847-7172.